SIDF has managed to attract and employ qualified Saudi professionals to occupy various positions in the Fund. Employment procedures are closely linked to career development and progression programs which cover financial analysis, auditing, information technology, marketing, accounting/financial sciences, management, technical consultancy/studies, legal studies...etc.
During the fiscal year 1438 / 1439H (2017), 609 in-house and overseas training programs were provided for 1321 Saudi employees, including specialized basic courses, master's degrees, short courses, workshops, seminars and professional conferences, out of which 19 employees attended specialized basic courses abroad, including master's degrees and financial analysis. 394 and 553 Saudi employees attended short courses outside and inside the Kingdom respectively, and 118 Saudis attended conferences inside and outside the Kingdom. 222 employees attended short courses in the Fund out of which 27 attendants came from governmental and private sectors. 15 Saudis from different universities have been provided with on-the-job professional and practical cooperative training in many SIDF departments.
SIDF has invariably capitalized on its good relations with similar financial institutions and professional events inside and outside the Kingdom to harness the skills of its Saudi staff through effective participation in specialized and professional conferences, seminars, and workshops organized by such institutions.
This collaboration ensures a valuable exchange of professional expertise which instrumentally improves the competencies of Saudi professionals and consequently contributes to the impressive performance of the Fund. In addition, the Fund's good relationship with the Saudi universities has been utilized by participating in annual profession days and attracting university students for cooperative training in many departments of the Fund.
Due to its advanced financial and administrative systems, SIDF has successfully implemented the Saudization programs planned for the fiscal year 1438 / 1439H as 52 Saudis have been hired to fill various vacancies in SIDF departments as budgeted.
Major Achievements of Human Resources Department in 2017:
- Review and update all human resources policies and make them available to SIDF employees through open meetings and via the intranet.
- Update job descriptions of all functions in the Fund.
- Approve replacement and succession plans for leading and supervisory positions.
- Sign the housing loan agreement with Bank Albilad and organize introductory meetings for all employees, contract the Company for Cooperative Insurance (Tawuniya) and join LinkedIn for recruitment.
- Automate HR procedures and launch SAP Mawared (Sprint 2).
- Archive staff profiles within the Content Management System.